Thursday, May 22, 2008

Back to Kent...


I keep thinking about things to write about here that I end up spacing out on. Or being too tired to write when I sit in front of the computer.
On the snack front, Bryn followed up his cherries jubilee evening with pumpkin pancakes the next morning. I think I'll keep him. He also introduced me to the joys of Chambord over vanilla ice cream. Tasty!
I had driven to Kent yesterday to visit with a family member and was struck by the change of scenery between being in the city versus being out there. It's only about 20-30 minutes away but definitely feels different. And I will admit, I did used to live there too! I don't know if I would ever choose to live in the suburbs again. I know I could do it. But still.
Traffic was pretty bad too. Spent a big portion of the trip thinking back on the past self who used to live out there and used to have such different priorities. I remember being 21 and really self-identifying so strongly with the type of car I drove. I was obsessed with it. And obsessed with everyone else's cars too. Thank God I got over that phase of my life. I still really like things, but I don't let them run my life (mostly). I'd rather put my energy towards relationships with people or experiences than focus on gathering a bunch of stuff, no matter how nice the stuff may be.

No comments: