Monday, January 05, 2009

Internship Interview



Well, the snow didn't keep me away from my internship interview this morning. It was still a little slushy on side roads in Capitol Hill and in Greenwood where the office was, but I made it. And I'd say the interview went well, aside from the fact that they were looking for someone with more strength in typography. So no dice. I had figured it might be long shot since I'm not a Visual Communications major, but at least I got to practice showing my work to an Art Director. And her assistant told me on the way out that they had really liked my work.

I was also kind of excited to find out about the publication. The internship was for a magazine called City Arts that publishes three editions (Seattle, Bellevue, Tacoma) every month. Considering that the Seattle Times laid off their art critic--Sheila Farr--last month, it is good to know that there are some forms of art coverage still trying to start up around here.

No comments: