Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Food Coma Induction


After a day at work on Monday I called Bryn on my way home to tell him to get ready as I was going to pick him up and we were going to go out for dinner. I didn't care where, I just wanted to go somewhere we don't usually go. Well, he settled on Olive Garden so we drove down to Westfield Shoppingtown Southcenter. (I like saying the whole thing because I grew up just going to Southcenter. Hell, my first job was at Southcenter! I don't recognize the place anymore!)

Anyhow, it had been a while since I'd been to Olive Garden. I'm not knocking the place, they do a great job at what they do. Which seems to be providing sleazy (good sleazy, not disgusting) pseudo-Italian food to the masses. Preferably in Claim Jumper quantities.

I was a little disturbed at the many people I saw walking out with paper shopping bags of leftovers while we were waiting for a table. And then we turned into those people. I've never left a restaurant before with a branded paper shopping bag filled with food containers. Unless I might have been getting an order to go. Granted, I didn't have to buy or make lunch yesterday. Plus we had a late night snack too. But I definitely was in a food coma when we left. My eyes were glazed over from too many carbs. They only other time I've experienced that was when Bryn and I went to Cracker Barrel on a trip to Virginia and I chose macaroni and cheese as one of my "vegetables." Seriously. I was so out of it that I made Bryn drive us home (both times).

1 comment:

Snotty McSnotterson said...

Yuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuum! I went to Claim Jumper's for the first time ever last Saturday. It was gross/awesome.