Wednesday, August 13, 2008

He's Still Got It.


I just read that Elvis and Priscilla have emerged as Barbies. Yikes. But wait, it gets worse. There was a line of about 150 fans who were waiting to get the dolls during their release, "staged as part of Graceland's annual weeklong fan pilgramage to mark the anniversary of Presley's death on August 16th, 1977." And what is even more frightening? Someone actually paid $6,800 for a set of the dolls autographed by Priscilla Presley.

Granted, the money goes to "Presley Place, an apartment building in Memphis for homeless families." But I was slightly terrified to read that the woman with the winning bid had this to say: "Presley Place, where the money will go, we contribute to them every year. Also, I want that on display in my living room in a curio cabinet."

I can only wonder which current celebrities might end up with enduring fame like Elvis or Marilyn? If it turns out to be Paris Hilton, I'm going to be really pissed off.

No comments: