Saturday, July 05, 2008

Fun on the Fourth of July






As you can see, one of our cats has taken over my backpack. I don't mind, because the zipper completely broke and it is no longer usable as a backpack without some serious repair. And I figure I can claim that I've recycled it into a cat bed or something.

Hung out with Bryn and my friend Kate who I've known since elementary school yesterday. She lives in Auburn so we made a loooooong trek out there and then checked out the earthworks in Kent (Mill Creek Canyon Park by Herbert Bayer, 1982 and Johnson Pit #30 by Robert Morris, 1979).

Then we drug Kate into the city and forced her to go to Whole Foods and the Pacific Science Center where we saw Kung Fu Panda. It was her first time seeing it, my third time, and Bryn's ninth time. I still think he enjoyed it more than anyone else.

Back to our place where we went up on the public deck and watched fireworks. We had a great view of the Elliot Bay show and then we could see most of the Lake Union display over the top of a nearby building too. It was pretty cool! I wasn't really expecting to do much of anything, but it turned out to be a really fun July 4th after all!

No comments: