Wednesday, July 09, 2008

The trouble with Gribbles.


I'm sure that my "cute" blog title isn't unique, but I just discovered gribbles today. Somehow, I must have missed any mention of them back in the day when they were actually newsworthy. Their time will probably come again. You know, like if the Alaskan Way Viaduct actually collapses or something.

I ran across them mentioned on the Washington State Department of Transportation's site where they were discussing the seawall on Elliott Bay. And I'm rather disheartened by all of the "increased cracks, exposed rebar, and weakening concrete" that was clearly visible when I was down on the waterfront the other day.

You might want to check out this article on NakedLoon.com that got me onto this whole gribble trip in the first place. (It is similar to The Onion, except that it is all Seattle-related. Not the most original idea, but still really funny!)

No comments: