Saturday, June 21, 2008

Pilchuck Madness #8



Last night was the Student Auction and Party. I had made some monoprints (see above) based on the chipmunk I did for the t-shirt contest, and together they sold for about $100. They managed to raise about $8,000 last night. Half goes toward scholarships and the other half toward supplies for the campus.

I did end up buying a couple things, one was a print in the silent auction for $10 and then I managed to snag a glass sculpture for $40 during the live auction too. Which was fortunate, because there were lots of good things, but most of them were $100 or more. There were definitely some steals though... If I come back, I'm going to have to make sure I have some cash available. As much as I hate to think of art as an investment most of the time, it would be a great place to start or add to a collection.

I've been having a TON of fun in the print shop. I was in there most of the day today working on some pieces inspired by basketry designs from my tribe. Good times!

No comments: