Tuesday, April 15, 2008

I heart swag


Went on a field trip to the Knoll showroom today to learn from one of the textile reps. It was a really great experience. I mean, it doesn't get much better for me than sitting in a Barcelona Chair eating a ginormous chocolate chip cookie from Specialty's Bakery while holding the most luscious sample of $240/square yard mohair fabric. It had everything I needed: luxe design (visual), tasty snacks (yum), and fuzzy textured fabrics (tactile). But what was even better was that they sent us home with a goody bag with samples, notepads, businesscard-holder, poster, canvas tote bag, mousepad, pencil pouch, and catalog of classic furniture. Why can't every class be that great?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm jealous of your goody bag.

I worked in a doctors office. We got goody bags all of the time from the pharmaceutical reps.

But they usually consisted of stuff like bobble-headed figurines of this guy:

http://www.familyfootcare.biz/ffc_graphics/photo-product_lamisil.jpg

Not a pretty sight.