Tuesday, April 01, 2008

Shy/Wild what?


Figured it was time to graduate from a MySpace blog to something a little more adult. Even if I'm the only person who ever reads what I write here, at least my thoughts will be slightly better cared for, right? I'll chalk it up to "dressing for the job you want, not the one you have." If I want to be a grown-up professional of some sort, then it is time to cast off the shackles of silly networking site blogs forever!


I picked the name from an episode of Absolutely Fabulous, it was a phrase that one of Edina's ex-husband's girlfriends used to describe herself. And as much as they were using it for laughs, as soon as I heard the words, "I'm borderline shy/wild," I realized how aptly they described me in a realistic way since I tend to gravitate towards either being a wallflower or a crazy person. My wildness has tamed itself since I stopped consuming massive amounts of alcohol, and I'm totally okay with that. However, that energy still needs to get out somehow, and I've come to the conclusion that I can be a really good leader, even if I might be a little on the quiet side. The strong, silent type? Shoot, I'm gonna have to start working out.


So here I am, mentally dressing for success one word at a time.

No comments: