Monday, April 07, 2008

Joan Van Who?

I will admit to being addicted to reading perezhilton.com on a fairly regular basis. He seems like a slimy self-promoter at the base of it all, but I'm basically weak and unable to contain my addiction for sleazy celebrity gossip. I'd seen some pictures of Joan Van Ark and was like, "OMG WOW WTF?" I mean really, nobody is going to look at her nowadays and think, "Gosh she sure looks good!" Just another reason to avoid plastic surgery altogether. You never know what you'll end up with. If I looked like that I would probably never leave the house, let alone go to an event where I knew I would be photographed by paparazzi. I'm not being mean, I'm being honest.

And I'm befuddled by Perez's fascination with Rumer Willis. Sure, she seems silly, but he is essentially assisting in the creation of her as a non-celebrity. You know, like Paris Hilton or Nicole Richie, who became famous based more on who their parents were than on any innate talents aside from shameless self-promotion and hard-pAArtying lifestyles.

I guess I can be glad I'm not buying magazines like Star or US Weekly. I would try to quit, but I've already got a lot of other things going on and I need a crutch of some sort to get me through these difficult times. Online celebrity gossip doesn't seem to be as bad as shooting heroin or shopping for clothing made out of endangered species.

Oh, and John Mayer made out with Perez? First Jessica Simpson and now this! Ewwww!

No comments: